1. How does NTHC implement Telemedicine?
Since 2007, NTHC has been supporting remote doctors through the use of eMail and SMS based Telemedicine. When a remote doctor a complicated case needing specialized care, the primary care physician easily consults a clinical specialist by sending an SMS or eMail to NTHC.
This telereferral is then forwarded by NTHC to appropriate clinical specialists who are based in the Philippine General Hospital. The clinical specialist sends back an expert opinion to NTHC, which is then forwarded to the remote doctor.
To know more about Telemedicine, please go to the eMedicine section
2. What else does NTHC do?
Telemedicine is just one of the many projects NTHC is doing. NTHC is involved with research, training and service focusing on various eHealth solutions applicable to the country such as:
- Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) - One very successful project of NTHC is the Community Health Information Tracking System (CHITS). CHITS is an Electronic Medical Record specifically designed for Community Health Centers in the Philippines. It has received international acclaim and is being utilized all over the country.
- Organizing eHealth Events – NTHC frequently conducts a variety of events discussing eHealth topics such Health Informatics, Telemedicine, and eLearning. These events aim to empower health educators and health professionals on eHealth.
More details on these events can be found in the Seminars/Trainings
- Research and development on eHealth - eHealth is rapidly becoming an effective and efficient way to bridge the gaps of health care. As such, research and development of these innovations, guided by global standards, is given great importance by NTHC.
To know more about specific research areas NTHC is involved with, please proceed to our Research and Publications
3. I’m interested to use CHITS for our city/municipality. Who should I contact for more details?
There is a detailed guide on how to implement CHITS in the official CHITS website. You can also contact us at email@example.com for any inquiry on CHITS.
- Electronic Medical Records
- Standards and Interoperability of Health Information Systems
- Telemedicine (mHealth, Teleradiology)
- Capacity Building through eLearning
- Interactive Media for Health
- Geographical Information System for Health
Collaborating researchers may be required to sign a Non-Disclosure agreement. Co-authorship may be sought depending on depth of NTHC staff involvement.
NTHC currently offers the following trainings:
- CHITS Training (3 days)
- eHealth Training for Health Professionals (3 days)
- eHealth Seminar (8 hours)
Anyone may attend these events.
6. Where is NTHC located?
The NTHC office is currently located inside the Philippine General Hospital behind the UPMASA Science Hall.
7. I’m interested to join NTHC, how do I apply?
If you want to work in NTHC, we will regularly post a call for application for the positions available and our requirements in this website so visit http://one.telehealth.ph regularly.
We are also welcome to collaborate with other institutions and individuals. Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or (+632) 525 6501.